Network Usage monitor| Is your internet getting over before the plan expires and you realize that your system consumes more internet? Then, you can monitor your network usage of your system and apps on your Windows 10. In this guide, we will show you how to do it.
Network Usage Monitor
Most of the internet service provides are providing more speed to the costumers for their satisfaction. But while they increasing the network speed, they decreasing the data plan. Sometimes they come with some restrictions i.e. only use limited data to send or receive.
If you are struggling to find the regular usage of the network Thankfully, Windows 10 comes with the tool that monitors the network usage of the apps and system regular intervals.
We will show you how to monitor your network usage by the apps with the help of the settings and the task manager.
How to monitor network usage with settings
Follow the given steps to check the network usage of the apps and your system:
- Use Windows key + I keyboard shortcut or use the action center to open the settings.
- Click on the network and internet option.
- Click on the data usage located left side of the pane.
- See the network usage under the Overview from the last one month for Wi-Fi and Ethernet.
- Click on the View usage per app to view the network usage for all apps.
Once you complete these steps, you can see all the apps with network usage. The main advantage of the settings app is, it shows all apps with the system apps. It will only show the total usage of an app and it can’t show the network usage by the Wi-Fi network or metered network. It can’t give the best option to clear all the usage of an app.
How to monitor network usage with task manager
Follow the steps to find the network usage of the apps and system with the task manager:
- Use ctrl + left shift + Esc keyboard shortcut or right-click on the taskbar and click on task manager to open the task manager.
- Click on the more details or down arrow button.
- Click on the app history.
- It will show all the details of the network usage by the apps.
You can see all the apps with the time duration to taken for the update and network use. It will show the network usage of apps from the last month. It will also show the Wi-Fi network and metered network usage of the app.
Remember that the Task manager will reset every month of the app usage to the network. The problem is the task manager only shows the universal windows apps network usage, and it can’t show the desktop apps like office and Firefox, etc.
You can also delete the history of the app network usage by the Delete usage history link.