How To Upgrade Windows Vista To Windows 10 For Free Without CD: Are you still using windows vista, time to update to windows 10 OS, just follow this simple steps
How to Upgrade Windows Vista to Windows 10
If still you are doing work in windows vista in 2019 and you should upgrade to windows 10. Recently Microsoft announced that they were no long to develop the windows vista on April 11, 2019. In simple words, Microsoft is retiring windows vista on April 11.
Upgrade Windows Vista to Windows 10 Without CD Free
It means if you are using windows vista the Microsoft won’t stop it cycle but you won’t receive any type of updates or security patches. And it won’t provide any kind of support or maintenance. So if you want to upgrade your computer to leave to the viruses and other risks you need to follow the below steps to upgrade your pc to windows vista. We are here to explain step by step full & clean installation. And explain how to backup your data with simple steps so you need to follow the steps.
- First step: About to begin
- Second step: How to backup your pc on windows vista
- Final step: How to install Windows 10
ABOUT TO BEGIN
Before begin install of windows 10 you need to know your computer specifications. You need to have at least minimum hardware specifications to move on further installation.
These are the minimum specifications to run windows 10 on your computer:
- Storage: 16GB FOR 32-BIT, 20GB FOR 64-BIT OPERATING SYSTEM
- Memory: 1GB FOR 32-BIT OS or 2GB for 64-bit OS
- Processor: 1GHz or faster processor or SoC
- Graphics card: directX9 or later version with WDDM 1.0 driver
- Display size: 800 * 600p
And you have all the above specifications you are eligible to install and run windows 10. If your computer runs the windows 10 OS then you will need to purchase the copy of the windows 10 genuine or windows 10 pro or windows 10 home at the Microsoft store.
And you will need to create a bootable media in USB flash drive 8GB or 16GB
How To Backup Your Pc On Windows Vista?
Before you install the windows 10 you need to create a full backup. Because we need to clean inst?all the windows 10 and all the data will be erased. So we need to have the USB flash drive to copy all the files, games, and images. Once you complete backup your files you have the files to install and keys of the product to reinstall any applications.
If you don’t have any USB flash drive you can also create the backup on external hard drive. Use the Windows Vista backup utility to create and restore a system image. Use the following steps to create backup:
- Open control panel using any short cut key.
- Click on the backup your computer link under the System and Maintenance.
- Next Click on the backup computer.
- Click continue on the permission prompt dialog box
- Choose the hard drive you want to continue for the backup.
- Click next.
- Next click on the start backup to start the process.
- Select the close button.
After completing the full backup disconnect the hard disk or USB flash drive. Follow the below steps to continue the process of upgrading if you want to restore your previous version of windows then you will need the windows bootable media with the Windows Vista files for the use of recovery option.
How To Upgrade Windows Vista To Windows 10 Without CD
You can download and install the windows 7, windows 8, windows 10 pro, and windows 10 home, windows 10 genuine versions if your laptop (or) computer meets all the specifications above.
To upgrade your computer to windows 10 you need to start it fresh with clean installation, so follow the below steps to clean install of windows 10:
- Open Google chrome, Mozilla Firefox or latest version of Internet explorer.
- Type Microsoft support centre.
- Click on the first website.
- Download the windows 10 ISO form the list given in the site.
- Choose windows 10 on the select edition.
- Click on the confirm button.
- Choose your product language from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the confirm button.
- Choose the 32-bit download or 64-bit download button which your computer standards.
- (Use windows key + r to run the RUN command and type the msinfo32 command and hit enter. You can see the information of your pc if your system is 64-bit based and 4GB ram then you can install the latest version of windows 10).
- After that download and install the Rufus.
- Rufus helps you to burn the ISO file to USB flash drive, launch the Rufus.
- Select the USB flash drive you want to continue under the Devices menu.
- Click on the disk drive icon next to create the bootable disk using ISO image option under the Format options menu.
- Select the windows 10 ISO file and then click open.
- Then click on the start button to continue.
- Click on the OK button and all the data will be erased and to start the process.
- Now restart your computer with the bootable media you created newly.
- Click on the Next button which will appear on the first step of windows setup wizard.
- Click on the install now.
- Enter the product key of your copy of windows 10.
- Click on the Next button to proceed.
- Select the edition of the windows 10 belongs to your purchase of the product key.
- Click on the Next button.
- Click on the “I accept the license terms”.
- Then click next.
- Click on the Custom install windows only in advanced option to proceed with the clean installation of the windows 10.
- Select the partition you want to delete all the files and folders.
- Click on the delete option to delete the partition.
- Select the hard drive C:
- Click on the NEXT to continue to the process of the installation.
But Once you completed the steps given above the setup will take time and finish installing of the windows 10 on your computer with windows vista.
Follow the on screen directions to complete the out of box experience with the settings. During the process of installation it will asks you to create a Microsoft account. You can use your local account but you will miss out the many features.
After finishing the installation you will experience the windows 10 features and many more, but you will restore your files before continue. Go to the settings and click on the backup and restore and click on the restore option and do the on screen instructions.
Before all the operations you will need to download the drivers of you computer to work well. So download the drivers utility or go to the manufacturers website to download the latest versions of the drivers.
After downloading the drivers go to the settings and click on the update and security option shown on the screen. Check for the latest security patches or updates and install. After doing all the steps you are ready to use the advanced windows 10 features and many more.