How to Install Windows on a Chromebook. How to run Windows 10 on a Chromebook. Configure Windows 10 in chromebook
Windows generally can’t support Chromebooks. Indeed, you can’t even install windows officially because of individual BIOS in the Chromebook.
The main disadvantage of Chrome OS is that most of the apps and games are not supported. Still, many apps and games haven’t made for Chrome OS.
If you are looking forward to installing Windows on Chromebook then you are in the right place.
Here, we will share our easiest methods to install windows 10 or 7 in the chrome book.
Some of the methods required high skills and patience so make sure a restore point and backup your personal files in cloud drive.
Besides Windows OS, Linux is more compatible with chrome book. But not that easy to install. If it is that important to install windows on your Chrome book then scroll down the page to see the methods.
Things you need before installing windows on chrome book:
- USB flash drive
- Another windows computer
- Additional keyboard and mouse
- Pen drive or hard disk (To backup)
Once you have all requirements then you are good to go for the installation procedure.
Step-1: Creating USB Flash Drive
- Take your secondary windows laptop or computer and turn on.
- Plug the USB (make sure it has enough space to install the windows).
- Open the browser and go to Microsoft’s official webpage.
- Search for the windows installation media app.
- Download and run it.
- Click on Accept and select Create Installation Media on a USB drive.
- Choose the Next button.
- Select the USB drive as an installation location.
- Press next and wait until it finishes the installation.
Step-2: Ready your Chromebook
- Insert Pen drive or Hard disk on a Chromebook.
- Backup all your personal files and folders.
- Create a restore point on Chromebook.
- Press ctrl + d and enter.
- Again, press ctrl + D to boot Chrome OS.
- Open shell and press enter.
- Copy and paste the following code into the shell.
cd ~; curl -L -O https://mrchromebox.tech/uefi-flash.sh && sudo bash uefi-flash.sh
- Hit enter to execute the code.
- Now, choose the ‘Full Core boot Firmware’ option from the list.
Step-3: Install Windows on Chromebook
- Take the USB flash drive and insert it into Chromebook.
- Connect the additional keyboard and mouse to the Chromebook.
- Power On the Chrome book and rapidly press Esc to load the boot menu.
- Choose your USB flash drive from the list.
- The windows media environment will open.
- Select the language and click on Install.
- If you have a windows product key then enter it. If you don’t have one then select ‘I don’t have a product key’.
- Choose any version of Windows. I suggest you go with Windows 10 Pro.
- Now, select the ‘Install windows only’ option from the custom.
- Passover all the warnings and delete the existing partitions.
- Leave the Chromebook aside for a few minutes to install.
- Take out the USB flash drive from the Chromebook.
- Download all the drivers.