If you created an FTP server using our previous article, in this guide we will show you how to upload files and folder or your personal data to the FTP server.
How to setup and upload an FTP server on Windows 10
FTP (File Transfer Protocol) is typically a cloud storage server. It is used to share the files on a public or in a private network. You can create it in your own, easy to use, more convenient and faster. You can store unlimited data into the server that means there is no limits at all.
1. Open start.
2. Search for the file manager.
3. Open file manager.
4. On the search bar type your FTP address.
5. Type your user name.
6. Enter your password.
7. If you want to save your password whenever login, check to save password.
8. Click on log on.
9. Right-click on the pane and pin it to the quick access to open your FTP server easily.
After completing the above steps, you can upload whatever files you want.
HOW TO CREATE MULTIPLE ACCOUNTS ON FTP SERVER
If you want to use your FTP server with your family and friends then you can also create multiple FTP servers using the steps below:
1. Click on the action center.
3. Click on Accounts.
4.Click Family and Other users located left side of the pane.
5.Choose Add someone else to this PC.
6.Enter the user’s email or else click on the I don’t have this person’s sign-in information.
7. Enter all the fields given in the tab.
8. If you don’t have any details then click on the Add a user without a Microsoft account.
9. Enter the user name.
10. Enter the password to the user.
11. Choose security questions or else choose no hint.
12. Click on Next.
Once the above steps are completed, your windows 10 will allow the user to access your pc but not yet ready to access your FTP server.
How to Connect to FTP Servers in Windows 10 allow to user access
Follow the steps to allow the user to access your FTP server:
- Open file manager.
- Right-click on the FTP folder.
- Click on Properties.
- Click on the security.
- Under Groups or user names click on EDIT button.
- Click Add.
- Click on the ‘check name or else enter the user name’.
- Click on the user account and allow the permissions.
- Click on apply.
- Click OK to confirm the changes that you made.
How to setup a new user to access FTP folder
- Open control panel.
- Click on accounts and security.
- Select administrative tools.
- Click two times on the internet information service manager.
- Click on Sites.
- Expand the FTP site and double click on authorization rules.
- Right-click on an empty place.
- Click on Add allow Rules.
- Select the user that you want to allow to use your FTP server
- Check Read and Write permissions.
- Click on OK.
Once you complete the steps, the user can now access your FTP server and upload their data to the FTP server.
- How To Upgrade Windows Vista To Windows 10 Without CD
- How To Download Video From Facebook To My Laptop